Thursday, April 7, 2011

Taking a Hint. ...from Jesus

Yesterday, Nicole got a text message asking if we were home. Within 2 minutes there was a woman who I have had the joy of meeting a couple times and her young son in the living room.
"I just had to tell you this story!" She told Nicole. "My husband and I were talking and praying about how we could possibly work it into our budget to give to Elizabeth, we don't have a lot but we really wanted to give to this ministry. Then I get a phone call for a book that I put on sale a year ago. I almost threw the book away last week because I didn't think anyone would ever buy it. But I just went down to meet her today and, it's not a lot," she said directing her attention to me, "but I figure I can take a hint from God."
I was so taken aback I almost forgot to thank her! But look at these beautiful undertones of the story! Selling of possessions to give to the Church, very "First Church" which would be marvelous to get back to. But even more beautiful, was not saying, "I wish we could give but we don't have any money to spare, sorry" but "We want to give but we don't have any money to spare, God how can we give to her?" And then! And then! Taking a hint from God! Its happened to me before. People were thinking about me and then got their tax refund in the mail. Then *I* got their tax refund in the mail. But I think it's so beautiful and full of faith!

"Hasn't God chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith?" James 2:5

No comments: