Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Heart's Desire


Right now, in this moment, it is my hearts desire to: have a desk. That's right a desk. A beautiful desk comprised of at lest three planks of wood positioned in such a way that a desk was formed and a chair. A beautiful desk with my new laptop, and my old laptop that I'm still transitioning out of, and my external hard drive with all my media, and envelopes and stamps, and stationary. So that when I think, "I need to write my newsletter" I don't have to put that off until I get my hard drive because that has my pictures. Or when I think, "I need to send the thank you cards I wrote a month ago" I don't have to put that off until I get to where ever I left my box with stamps and envelopes. A beautiful desk that has everything I need to complete the to-do list in my head. The to-do list that reels throughout my day, distracting me from the simple pleasures of watching a movie with friends, enjoying the reading of a book, dining with an after-church lunch crowd, listening attentively to a sermon. The to-do list that holds my thoughts captive to it! A beautiful desk that will enable me to check things off my to-do list, to lessen the nagging voices in my head, to free my mind from my captivity! A beautiful desk to set me free! Free from the things I must do so that I may delight in the things I want to do!
But alas. I have no such desk. For I am a nomad.

No comments: