Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm in Las Vegas

Presently, I am on a plane to Las Vegas. This has probably been the most stressful trip I've taken in a while. My first flight has more turbulence than I would prefer and when we landed there was quite a struggle to get the walk connected to the plane. Finally defeat was admitted and they had us use the stairs of the plane, walking into the rain of Ohio. Aboard my next plane, another complication occurred and we were on the plane for an hour prior to take off. My general preference on planes is to sleep the miserable experience away (I hate planes. Great for a missionary, isn't it?) but I was just woken by a particularly loud woman who decided to stand from her seat and have a conversation with the woman behind me by screaming in my ear. I guess this means I'm awake. At least for a spell. For lunch I had bought airplane food. Yes, bought. Due to the delay in getting off the first flight and despite the delay in the take off of the second flight, there was hardly any time to get from one gate to the next and definitely not time to grab lunch. While I would arriving in Las Vegas at 10:30am (or 11:30, due to the delay), it would still be 1:30 (2:30) Eastern Time which is the time my belly is currently on. I asked the flight attendant for the buffalo chicken wrap. She told me she would acquiesce when the plane was in the air. Shortly later, my meal was served. The plane took that long getting off the ground. I ate half, intending to eat the other half during the flight. After a while, I gave up and ate the other half. That's how long the plane took to get off the ground. To top it all off, the duration of the trip was 4 hours. Unless it's drug induced (Dramamine is a good friend), sleep on a plane is only bearable for 2 hours. So for the other two, here I type, I still and stare at the floor in a groggy haze, and for a while I watched Sherlock Holmes, but my battery could only take so much of that. So now I'm at my new place of residence. Showered, napped, and waiting for the hosts (also the Pastor of All Peoples Christian Church and his wife) to return home and give me instruction on what they week will look like!

No comments: