Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Car Accident


Today I got in a car accident. I was not hurt. But I was a little shaken. Now, as you all are very desirous to know what happened, I drew you a picture. First, I, the tan box indicated with an "A" was minding my own business when I noticed blue box indicated with an "A" in the left turn lane with his right blinker on. Realizing that Texans are terrible drivers I decided that it was likely that he would pull out in front of me. So I moved over into the position indicated by the letter "B". He, as predicted moved from his lane into the position indicated by the letter "B". I thought I was good to go so continued forward. Then, he jerked in front of me! ("C") I yanked my steering wheel to turn onto the perpendicular street ("C") as I slammed on my brakes! My brakes locked! My steering wheel didn't want to turn! And I found myself in position "D". Notice the "D" position of the blue car. You cannot. That kid was gone.
I called the person with whom I just had lunch as he was two minutes from my present position and savvy in the manner of cars. He called the police who arrived surprisingly promptly. As we were telling the officer what happened, some random bloke walked up with a description of the car, driver, and lisence plate number. Apparently, he was behind me when all this transpired and followed the kid who didn't stop. The kid realized he was being followed so came back and while I was on the phone, came to me and said "Are you ok? I'm sorry that happened". I didn't realize that this was the driver but thought it was a witness and so waved him off as I tried to focus on the re-telling of this tale. When the man who followed him initially realized that the kid just stayed long enough to see if we were ok and didn't give insurance information to me or the other lady, he took off after him again to retrieve the information he gave the cop.
My car sustained some body damage but is mostly all right I think.

(I took this picture with my phone. I am impressed with its quality.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Trying to get away from the scene won’t do him any good once an investigation takes place. If you have requested for an investigation, you could have still gone for insurance or personal injury claims from that kid. It would have been another advantage on your part if he wasn’t a licensed driver, or if he was under the influence while driving.

Maggie Malone