Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Wish I Was Filthy Rich

In February, I'm going to Vegas. And I'm super excited about it! My objective is to meet new people, start to build relationships, and get supporters whether promptly or down the road. But secretly, I just want to see Verve. I feel like God is moving there and I want to see it. I want to be a part of it.
Anyway, I found out on Facebook that Verve was starting a new series called Reel Prayer so I went to Verve's website (www.vivalaverve.org)to listen to their podcast. But something entitled "State of the Church Address" caught my eye. Vince's blog had stated that anyone who was a part of Verve should listen to it and, even though I'm not, I am nosy, and I settled down to listen to it.
Vince talked about how he came to find himself in Vegas, how Verve was facilitating in changing lives, and how important it was that Verve keep growing so it could continue to do so. Then he asked that the people of Verve help in this by 1. serving 2. giving 3. inviting people.
As Vince spoke of the struggles newly planted churches had, I became overcome with the thought that Verve was going to succeed, that God was moving thru that ministry, and the gate of Hell would not withstand it. And my desire to be apart of it intensified. I'm going to serve for two weeks, but two week? That is small potatoes.
I want to give to Verve financially. I thought about my tithe, but I tithe to my church and my church is Forefront. But I want to give to Verve. And I want to give to my friends who are preparing to go on some missions internships. And I want to give to Project: Greenhouse Affect. And there are so many things that I want to be apart of financially and I can't... I just can't. Because I'm a missionary and I need money. And the money I get people gave to me for my work and I can't very well give it away, can I?
I wish I was filthy rich and give as much as I want to whoever I want. I just want to be a part of what God's doing all over!

No comments: