Sunday, June 16, 2013

Our PD Trip - Surprise '13

Presently we're in Surprise, AZ! This is my third time being in the area. That one time, 2 years ago, that I traveled across the country, making connections, has made some great friends and supporters that we take the time to catch up with annually.
After the PNG lunch in Dallas as a part of PMI, Jacob and I hit the road. I drove 17 hours straight, arriving in Arizona at 4am. Between that time and our scheduled 1 pm lunch with a supporter, I slept about 2 hours total. Jacob slept for 6. His ability to sleep where ever when ever is enviable.
Our lunch was fantastic. It was so good to see them again and it was Jacob's first time meeting them! Afterwards, we were able to visit Just Church, my local contact's church plant. During second service we were able to serve in the nursery. As my local contact was formerly the children's minister at Forefront, who I served under while there, the children's ministry is the first place my services are utilized.
Following church, Jacob went to help a family move while I went home to get the sleep I had been missing since 9:30am the preceding morning. At 7:30, I went to sleep and, at 7:30, I woke up. 12 solid hours of beautiful sleep in a magnificent bed. 12 solid hour the world's lightest sleeper slept in a twin size bed with her husband. Dead to the world.
This morning we had planned on going to CCV to see if we could bump into another old friend I had been unable to get a hold of. However, in the year since I had last seen him, he began working at Just Church! And so there were no demands on our morning.
Instead we headed off to Starbucks. I finished an article that's due date was imminent (I work as a professional blogger, often as a ghostwriter) and Jacob finished a newsletter! As Jacob and I both write professionally and have personal blogs to maintain and Jacob is going to start writing soon (see his search for a hobby), our time at Starbucks did not conclude with those tasks. Rather we switched locations at lunch to Pei Wei, resuming writing while there, and returned to Starbucks for more quality time with computers and coffee. The subsequent time in the area will be spent in a similar fashion and hopefully punctuated by get togethers with friends who haven't yet set a time.
This is a pretty rainbow we saw on our drive. 

No comments: