Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Terrible Missionary

Ok. So I was in the Grand Canyon for two days and wrote 5 posts. I was in Papua New Guinea for 2 months and also wrote 5 posts. I feel like a terrible missionary. Allow me to first make an excuse, and then remedy that lapse.

  1. Missions are stressful in the best of times. Traumatic at the worst. There and returning my head was an indescribable swirl of grey matter. My intention, I believe (it's hard to be sure when your brain looks like a tornado), was to chill, collect my thoughts, and then spew forth incredible stories for your reading pleasure. But considering that we hear approximately... NOTHING from me from November thru May, it becomes evident that classes, while less traumatic, were no cake walk. Lucky for you, I will not be posting anything about my classes as the finer points of Language Documentation and Discourse Analysis ... well, if you're into that, you already know, and if you're not, you don't want to know. So now in my efforts to remedy my mistake I get up to search for my journal. Alas, left in PNG. (What? It was heavy. And I have to bring it back to continue filling it with PNG tales. I might have overestimated my ability or desire to fill a journal.....) Instead, you will get to enjoy the randomness as I remember it!
  2. Posted:
    In Transit
    The Big Fight on the Very Stressful Day
    Fishing (Rereading the beginning of this is funny. Right now Jacob is at work, I'm looking at 300 pictures, sipping coffee, with plenty of time. ... .... I miss Tim Tams...)
    Where Magic is Real... and Scary
    NEW: Machete Wielding Man Strikes White Woman
    NEW: Hand Washing Clothes in the River. I'm sorry... what?!

    To be posted:
    Tip: Do Not Vomit in Tropical Ulcers
    Godzilla at the Airport
    Xanax is by Bestfriend
    Bob
    Snorkeling
    Making Bread
    Attacked by a Piglet
    Never give Balloons
    Washing Feet. Bloody Feet. I Hate Feet
    The Very Wet Night
    Teaching on Sunday
    Demon Possessed?
    The Menagerie
    The Medical Course
    The Day Martha Almost Got Me Eaten
    Cleaning out the Literacy Building
    Halloween
    Sending out Scripture
    The Expanse
    Note: These are thoughts in my head. They may or may not be worth a full blog post. We shall see.

No comments: