Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Getting Ready for Vegas

It's 4:00am and I'm trying to wear myself out in order to sleep all day tomorrow in order to be refreshed for my 17 hour drive to Surprise, AZ. I've occupied my time by cleaning house, from bathrooms and vacuuming to laundry and dishes so the house will be clean for Jacob who will be staying there while I'm gone. I've cooked a month's worth of food for Jacob to enjoy on my two week trip, providing plenty of variety and sustenance, so that when Jacob's not working, he can focus on relaxing.

In Surprise, I'll be staying with a friend and meeting up with a supporter, it sounds like a good rest stop on my way to Las Vegas.

In Vegas, I'll be speaking after service at Verve to those interested enough to stick around about my work with Pioneer Bible Translators and my upcoming trip to Papua New Guinea in September. My fiance, who's busy working, supplementing our income while we're not in training, will take a couple days off any take a free flight out to Vegas (the perks of getting your ipad stolen on a previous flight) in order to visit Verve and meet the pastor of All People's church and his family. All People's church is the church I came in contact with when Verve invited me out to Vegas for a couple weeks to serve them and has annually supported me since. I'll be speaking at this church on April 1st. After spending a couple days serving them as they get ready for Easter Sunday, I'll head back to Dallas to spend my first Easter with Jacob.

Please pray for safety on my trip, that the people I meet have their hearts prepared to see the importance of what I'm doing, that those who God has chosen to support me will hear God clearly and will give generously, gratefully, and be blessed in doing so, and that I will hear God clearly and speak what and to whom I am told.

No comments: