Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 3: About to Leave for Vegas

Presently, I am awake at 6:30am (the effects of being in a time zone just two hours over), sitting on Javin's bed. Brian Leach, a friend I made at my home church in Virginia Beach, opened up his couch to me. But when I arrived, Javin, his daughter, grabbed some blankets and made her way out to the couch. When people at age 12 demonstrate sacrificing their own comfort for the sake of someone else, that's a beautiful thing!

So staying in the midst of a beautiful family who gives shelter to the homeless and gives sacrificially, I've been having a great time.

Yesterday, after I concluded my stay at Starbucks, I headed over to the church I had served at in my visit here last year. It took me an hour to find this church I had worked at for TWO weeks! AN HOUR!

But conveniently, I arrived at the moment a couple of the women I had worked with before were walking out to lunch and was invited to join their party. Upon the end of our meal, I asked one if she would join me as one of our 100 who commit to $20/month. As her husband was absent, she couldn't immediately commit but assured me she would talk to him. She continued on to express how excited she was that something as important as fully-funding a missions team could have her hand in it for such a small commitment.

"Many hands make the burden light"

Your prayers please!
That people I have asked and people I will ask will be reminded to bring it up to their spouse throughout the distracting chaos of life and that they'll get back to me and let me know the response, even if it's "no".
And that the people I meet will give like Javin gives. "You just need a bed? I have a bed. You can have my bed."

No comments: