Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 4: Sitting on the Strip

I am in Las Vegas!
Staying with a friend from undergrad, we spent last night having a grand time catching up!

Yesterday, before I began my trip from Surprise, I stopped by the church office that I had worked at last year. And after discovering the person I was looking for wasn't there, I walked dejectedly back to my car to head off to Vegas. And that's when he pulled up! After chatting a bit in the middle of the street, he asked me to send him a direct deposit form so he could partner with me monthly!

Another supporter! This PD trip is going in the direction of a smashing success!
Thank you so much for your prayers and please continue them!

Tomorrow and Monday, I'll be at Verve where Vince will announce that I'll be speaking after services. Pray that people will come. It's not expected many will because they won't really care and they'll have things to do after service so won't want to stick around. But pray that people will come, through flukes, randomness, and coincidences, people will have time to stop by and here what God is doing.
While support is always nice and is the objective of this trip, most every time I tell people about what I do, it amazes them, it opens their eyes to a world that they didn't know about, work they didn't know about, circumstances that they didn't know about. I want to people to come so they can learn what God is doing in Papua New Guinea. Pray that they will come. And that they'll be inquisitive.

No comments: