Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 2: God is liberal with giving good things!

You know those people who you thought were just the coolest when you were younger and aspired to one day be them? Mine were the girls who sat outside of coffee shops with their coffee and their laptops and books and their cute outfits and worked on smart people stuff (now that I'm older I realize that most of them we probably college students studying) but here I am. Successful in my aspirations, sipping a coffee, reclining in the Arizona sun, looking outrageously cute, and keeping my supporters updated on my comings and goings via this blog. (This work we'll consider smart people work because smart people have occupations and this is mine. (Occupations extend to students and housewives, don't think I'm insulting you all! I am among your ranks!)

But back to keeping you informed.

I arrived in Surprise, AZ yesterday and had dinner with a couple who support me, who told me that they decided to double their monthly gift. I love this! Not just for the way that it benefits me, but for the way it benefits them! They've been supporting me for a year now and I have done pretty much nothing to make this such an amazing experience that they decided to double their giving, which means God must have been doing something. That God must have blessed them immensely with an understanding of how much better it is to give and with an understanding of how their gift will impact generations of those who, in time, will no longer be considered Bible-less. I think we've all heard about this kind of blessing, but it's so wonderful see if be such a blessing that the elicited response is "we have to do more!" So, if you are one of the amazing people who prays for me and this work, thank God for being so amazing that He blesses both the giver and the receiver, He is just so liberal with giving out good things!

So on the first day of my PD trip, before I even got sleep from my 17 hour drive, I increased my income (which is the objective of this trip, of course)! Hopefully each day continues to be as fruitful as the first! Hopefully we'll find people we need to meet our goal. See Jacob's post on our goal for 100 people giving $20/mth.

Your prayers are appreciated!

No comments: