Saturday, May 30, 2009

We tip well, VERY well.

Today, I got to hang out with Alexis for the first time in a long time. We used to hang out every Saturday but lately work has been running me ragged, which is good, for financial reasons, but bad for social ones. Anyway, we got to go to the mall like we always do and we got to go to Applebee's again. It used to be that the second Saturday of the month we would get dressed up and go to Applebees. The original plan was to go to a random restraunt but Applebees was our first month and we had suc a fantastic waiter that we went there ever since and request that waiter.
Tonight, we arrived at 5:30 and he wasn't coming in until 6, so we decided to wait for him (we weren't overly hunger anyway). But that caused quite the commotion. They seated us so we wouldn't have to wait at the door, but a waitress tried to start serving us and we tried to explain that we were waiting but she kept coming back and checking on us. When our waiter took us from her, she was angry that he stole her business. We decided to tip her even though she didn't wait on us, because it was a little unfair to her. Well, when that time came, I was chatting with our waiter as Alexis paid the bill. Walking out, I asked Alexis how much she tipped. "I gave them both $9." A quick calculation told me that she tipped the waitress who didn't wait on us 36%! So she gave a total tip of 72%! Needless to say, I joked her for the rest of the night. ...The waitress didn't seem irritated after that though.

Tomorrow is my going-away party. I hope that there will be a nice turn out. Camino Real at Indian River and Kempsville at 12:30 if you'd like to make an appearance.

No comments: