Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Where are you?

So, Session 1 complete! I did well enough on my exams. Not 100/As like I would have wanted! but well nonetheless. I have two days off that I get to enjoy and relax (aka work very very hard on partnership development) and then it's back to class on Friday with Phonology, Phonetics, and Second Language Culture and Acquistion.

But now to whats been on my mind,
Once I was completely lost in thought and someone came up to me and asked "Where are you?" I looked at them. I LOVE it when people have such insightful perspective! Another person present asked them what they meant and they explained, "Well, she's certainly not here." And that's the truth.
How often are we not here? How often are we not where we are but where we're going? You sit down in a meeting and the moment you arrive, you start thinking about the next thing on your to-do list and what you'll need and how you'll get it etc etc etc. Do we ever arrive anywhere? I mean, I know it's about the journey, but can't it be about the destination, too?

No comments: