Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Apprentices Rock!

Apprentices are an awesome invention!
Today I went to Northwood Church because I run lights for their Student Ministry. The guy in charge of A/V is talking to me about how he's really proud of their light system but they can't take advantage of it because most of their tech people peaced out at the same time and the lights just fell into disrepair. "Hmmm," I thought, "clealy you did not have apprentices! Otherwise, people leaving would not have been a problem!"
So we get started and the typical Wednesday night structure is worship, sermon, repeat. Middle school first, high school second. Well, I left during the sermon to go get a Sonic drink and noted the time to be back for the High school worship. I came back 20 minutes early to find the middle schoolers worshipping again! Without a set list (also an awesome invention) I had no idea I was needed again! I asked the A/V Guy if they had set lists that I could get a copy of every week. Guess who's job it is to do the set list? I don't know, he peaced out with the rest of the tech people. Oh! If only if only they had had apprentices!

How to know if you need an apprentice:
If you dropped off the face of the earth one week, what would happen to your ministry?
If the answer is "it would collapse in on itself" you should probably invest in an apprentice.
How to get an apprentice:
"Hey you, you wanna learn how to _________" has a 50% chance of success.

No comments: