Wednesday, July 22, 2009

First Day of Class

Two classes this morning: Phonetics and Grammar
They both sound really interesting, although I'm told that most are good at one or the other.
Phonetics is a class on sounds that the human mouth can make.
Grammar is on the stucture of phrases, sentences, and words.
I'm really excited about this session (which goes until 8/19 and then another session starts). I think I'll learn a great deal.
It's assumed in the classes (I feel) that the students will pick an area to focus in on. For example, I hear "if this interests you and come see me and we'll get you more..." I feel as though we're just waiting until we see what we'll specialize in and then that will steal our hearts. (I'm t saying this is a bad thing) I think I know what I'll find my interest in. I like morphology a lot (the study of the meaningful units of a word). But I wonder, too, if there's something else that will grab my eye.
Well, there's no telling until the session gets underway.
I've completed my homework for tonight so I think I'm going to go treat myself to some ice cream!

No comments: