Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Events of Today

Ahh, today. Interesting day and it's not even noon. I think I'll leave this open all day and just add to it as the craziness of my life continues.

9:15 - I wake up and it all floods back where I am. Awesome.
9:30 - I go to get in the shower and there's this decorative iron chair chillin in the tub! Danielle's advice is, don't sit on it. Thanks a lot. I go to try to move it. It's plastic and only looks ridiculously heavy.
10:45 - I go to eat some breakfast. Ms. Blood offers me a fresh fig, I accept. Bite, eat, bite again, enjoy it, look into it's center, find two ants, throw the rest away.
11:00 - go to unpack my car more, forgot to put on shoes because I never put on shoes. Note: In Dallas, TX put on shoes. My feet were about to blister just standing at my car!
11:02 - opened my trunk to find a black spider with a red hourglass on it. All I wanted was to grab my crap but this Widow tried to kill me (a battle to the death followed, I won)
11:28 - trying to unpack. I hate clutter. Loathe and despise it. the rest of the house is absurdly cluttered. My room has no dresser, so my clothes are going into the desk drawers. Luckily it's filing cabinet meets desk so the drawers are wicked long, but they're still desk drawers and I have a lot of clothes!
12:28 - went into the most insane Walmart ever, I should have known as the greeter welcomed me with a tune on a hamonica.
12:39 - after 5 mins, I discovered that this Walmart doesn't sort Shampoo and Conditioner by manufactorer but by whether its shampoo or conditioner. (and the sections are not side by side.)
12:41 - fire alarm went off in Walmart... 3 times
12:49 - standing in line, two guys came to check out with a cartful of nothing but bananas.
1:12 - I thought I saw Mr. Alligood walking on the campus grounds, the things you find yourself missing.
3:47 - ooo! So glad I don't have leather seats, wish I didn't have leather steering wheel. Don't want to touch it, don't want to hit mailbox!
4:22 - Entered an Indie coffeeshop, eavesdropped in some conversations, enjoyed myself (I should go back there some time, become a regular, join conversations)
6:47 - only an hour and 15 minutes to get home. I hate Dallas interstates and poor signage and inconsiderate drivers!

Ahh. Day 1 in Dallas

No comments: