Friday, July 17, 2009

Adjusting

I'm getting used to this place. I'm so used to it that getting lost in downtown Dallas is no longer frustrating and stressful, it's merely a part of my day, multiple times a day. Driving in Texas is survival of the fittest.
I found a nice coffee shop that I like, although it is in Downtown Dallas so a bit of a drive. I went to a Dr. Suess exhibit at the Storyopolis Museum. I went to the mall and saw the Harry Potter movie. I've been grocery shopping and to the post office. I burned a meal and made some good ones. I filled up my gas tank. Sometimes it strikes me as crazy that I'm living life in Dallas. Like, I live here, this is home. That is crazy, I think.

My humorous story for the day. (Only one I'm going to tell) Let me preface what I’m about to say with, I’m not afraid of rats. I go to a pet store, a clerk with a sense of humor who's trying to get me attention thrusts one in my face. Cool, whatever, I’ll freakin pet it. Not afraid of rats. Today I was walking on the sidewalk which ran between two bushes. Apparently animals are stupid, (because this same thing happened with a lizard yesterday) when animals get scared, Instead of staying put or running away as any half-wit would do. They run across your path. The huge rat the size of a large guinea pig, raced from one bush to another almost over my feet! It’s not the rat that freaked me out and made this story more noteworthy, it’s that in 1340s 1/3 – 2/3 of Europe was wiped out by these disease-ridden vermin! They carry the plague!

Well, let's see what tomorrow has in store, shall we?

No comments: