Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Support Raising

Although I've only called back on 5 of the support raising letters I've sent out, I can see that support raising is exceedingly difficult. The problem lies in most of the people who I would send my letters to already have people that they support financially, in many cases, many people. The drawback of attending such a missions-minded, help-the-needy church. Way to change the world, Forefront. So the next step is to go to non-Christians, but then why would a non-Christian support a Bible translation? Here's my theory and we'll have to see how it goes: many non-Christians aren't violently opposed to Chistianity. Many non-Christians give Christians a motherly pat on the back for holding to Christians morals (at least the ones who I've come in contact with) even though "they could never do that." This combined with the knowledge that humanitarian projects are cool, leads me to believe that non-Christians have the excellent potential to be great sources of financial support.

However, be it from Christians or non-Christians, I need prayer (and financial support) for raising financial support.

No comments: