Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Visa Fiasco

Monday 8/2/2016

10:00 am - Received email confirmation of electronic medical visa being applied to our passports!!

=====================================================================

Tuesday 2/2/2016

2:00 pm - Emailed Immigration about whether or not they received the medical documents.

=====================================================================

Monday 1/2/2016

1:45 pm - Received email that Drs office has sent medical documents to Immigration

=====================================================================

Thursday 28/1/2016

10:30 am - Back in Madang

9:30 am - Boarded

9:27 am - Receive 3 calls in two minutes from drs office. I call back and try to convince the woman to speak over the din at the gate. She doesn't understand why I'm calling. Finally she gets it and says she'll figure out who tried to call me and have them call me back. (BTW their office has an 8ft table with all 6 of their office employees working at it, finding who called me was no difficult task.) I explained I was about to board a plane. I was transferred and, to my relief, was not told I needed to come back in, but asked who was going to Australia for medical treatment and why I needed to go to Australia. "Oh! You want to have your BABY in Australia. Ok. Thank you. Good bye."

9:00 am - At the gate

8:15 am - Lots of confusion but en route to the airport

8:00 am - Somebody else too was expecting an airport transport. Why hadn't they been planning on sending a car?

7:30 am - Called to see if my airport transport was coming. They weren't planning on it but would send out a car right away

=====================================================================

Tuesday 24/1/2016

11:00 am - Dr's office drove us to another place to get Jacob's chest x-ray completed (to make sure he didn't have TB) ($100)

10:30 am - The dr checked our vitals and felt our lymph nodes ($700)

10:00 am - Gave blood for Hep B test ($25)

9:00 am - Taxi came to take us to the drs

=====================================================================

Monday 25/1/2016

5:30 pm - Taxi driver dropped someone off and had no recollection of our conversation...? But the transportation is now scheduled

3:00 pm - Called taxi to schedule transport to drs appointment

12:45 pm - Arrived at Mapang Guesthouse

12:30 pm - Found airport transport without problem

12:20 pm - Arrived in Port Moresby

11:15 am - Departed for Port Moresby

10:00 am - Received confirmation of airport transport

=====================================================================

Sunday 24/1/2016

2:00 pm - Called Taxi to book a car for Tuesday. No answer. 

1:30 pm - Receive advice to avoid rental car. 

1:20 pm - Researching rental car. 

1:10 pm - Sent form requesting transportation to and from airport. 

11:50 am - Room stay has been extended extra day. Rooms: $90

11:40 am - Room Confirmation doesn't have me staying the extra day!

11:30 am - Plane ticket booked. They dropped down K200, so we're saving K300 to stay an extra day on plane tickets and spending K90 to stay an extra day at the guesthouse. Tickets: $724 

11:10 am - Rooms booked! A room with 2 sets of single bunk beds... She hopes to rearrange the bookings to get us a double...

10:30 am - Tried to book room at Mapang Guesthouse. No answer

10:00 am - Tried to book tickets to Port Moresby. Found by extending trip one day, I'd save K400 ($133). The cancel button was very close to the "I accept terms and conditions" button. When I tried to book the same tickets again, they were K300 more expensive. 

9:40 am - Found different phone number on Facebook. Scheduled appointments!

9:00 am - Sat down to make drs. appointment. Called 8 different phone numbers, provided by the Immigration Department. None of them worked. Sent two emails. One bounced back. 

=====================================================================

Saturday 23/1/2016

4:30 pm - checked email and had received HAP ID #!!!! Also received word that I needed documentation on legal records that I don't have! Ahh! Called all the local approved drs and they're either not in country or no longer approved. Drs in Port Moresby didn't answer phone. Attempts in retrieving documentation tonight were in vain.

=====================================================================

Friday 22/1/2016

4:07 pm - Received automatic reply to email.

3:45 pm - Received email from Immigration!! They informed me that the application number (what they said was enough information) wasn't enough information and requested passport names and number. I replied in less than 5 minutes.

3:00 pm - Called Immigration. No answer.

10:00 am - Called Immigration. No answer.


=====================================================================

Thursday 21/1/2016

4:30 pm - Sent email to Immigration, received automated response. Called with no answer.

4:00 pm - Called again. No answer. Tried hitting 1 instead of 2 on the menu, the same lady from 2 answered. She said the email had sent (still don't have it) but she gave me the Application numbers! So I emailed the immigration department (the people who never responded to me back in December) and hopefully the possession of visa application numbers is the key I need to be spoken to!

1:30 pm - Still haven't received email. Called, no answer.

10:50 am - Received an email confirming they've received my application and assuring me that it would be lodged and my application number would be emailed back to me in 10 minutes. That was 27 minutes ago.

10:20 am - BUIDHFBROUENIWJBCHSBCODWJBVOLJDWBVJL
*ahem*
While it was uttered that my visa application had been lodged, that apparently wasn't true... But now, they have my visa application. And I'm supposed to get my visa receipt # from them TODAY. So hopefully when I switch to dealing with the Australians (ALTHOUGH! Those were the people who weren't responding to me originally!), we can get things expedited. ugh.


=====================================================================


Wednesday 20/1/2016

3:30 pm - No email reply. No answering of the phone.

8:30 am - TTS has not received my email still and asked me to send it to another email address. They said they would respond to my email with the application number I need to contact immigration. Email sent.


=====================================================================


Monday 18/1/2016

10:30 am - TTS hasn't received my email but says that my application has been lodged (???) I asked for my HAP ID number. She said it would be 5 to 10 days and if I wanted to communicate the urgency of our situation, I could send an email to the same guys I had been sending emails to and they never replied. I asked for an application number I could provide to them to pull up my account and she took my number to give me a call back with that number. 

(I need the HAP ID# to schedule my appointment in Goroka, PNG to get my chest x-rays, to make sure I don't have TB, mandatory for the visas to be approved. The HAP ID# allows the results to be submitted while I'm in the drs office. Then the visa will need to continue processing)

=====================================================================

Friday 15/1/2016

9:15 am - TTS answered phone but haven't received the email with my updated application because their internet is down.

=====================================================================

Thursday 14/1/2016

4:45 pm - New application has been sent, but TSS did not answer its phone to confirm they had received it.

4:00 pm - The new forms are identical to the old forms except for the date listed as latest design update.

3:20 pm - The new forms have been received!

11:00 am - TTS informs me that the new forms are in their email outbox but they're having connectivity issues.

10:00 am  - K100 ($50) has been dropped off to the courier for delivery ($12) to TTS (the visa people)

9:30 am - Lois returns with K100 money order

8:30 am - TTS has received the package! But! The visa application is out of date and the fee was per application and I need to send K100 more.

=====================================================================

Wednesday 13/1/2016

3:30 pm - TTS did not answer phone.

1:30 pm - TTS has not yet received package. Courier typically comes in afternoon.

=====================================================================


Tuesday 12/1/2016

12:30 pm - Meeting's over. Visa Application is sent via Courier. Should Arrive tomorrow morning.

10:00 am - Lois returns with money order ($25). Brian is going to show me where the courier is. He's in a meeting.

7:00 am - Make copies of birth certificates. Discovered there's a K50 fee. They only accept money orders.

=====================================================================


Monday 11/1/2016

3:30 pm - All instructions have been followed. Too late to send via courier.

1:00 pm - TTS answers phone and gives instructions for submitting application.

8:00 am - Find number for for-profit company who gov't outsources visa apps to (TTS).

=====================================================================

Monday 4/1/2016

Emailed Visa people. No answer



=====================================================================

Wednesday 30/12/2015

Called Visa people 5 times. No answer

=====================================================================

Monday 28/12/2015

Called Visa people. No answer

=====================================================================

Wednesday 23/12/2015

Received the letter from the OB! Sent visa application to government via email




We had wanted to send out this visa application while we were in village living. But the flash drive was temporarily misplaced. When we got back, we were informed that our OB had closed his doors. We planned to proceed with submitting our application and then finding a new OB later, but we discovered that the letter from the hospital said I was an SIL employee instead of PBT and wouldn't fix it until she could also put the correct OB on the letter. There are only 4 OBs in the city. The first would be on vacation during my due date, the second was who closed the doors, the third didn't want to take a patient so late in her pregnancy, and I couldn't get confirmation on the fourth. Weeks went by with me making international phone calls to her regularly.
But Christmas came early! Unfortunately, it's like getting a present with lots of assembly required and not all the pieces and poor customer service....

No comments: