Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Traveling! (A few days ago, not presently)

Saturday night I stayed up all night in Vegas. Watched "I am Number Four", drive down the strip, and walked thru the Venetian. I arrived home at 3. Took a shower, and rode to the airport. Despite being so early, the security line was ginormous! And by the time I got to my gate, I didn't wait long before boarding. Then I went to sleep. 2 hours. Got lunch during my layover, because I'd be in the sky during lunch time. (Stack veggies, greek style. Yummy.) And got back on a plane and slept. 3 hours. Arrived at the place where I'd be napping and slept. 4 hours.
I woke up and printed directions. The person who had my keys was on a road trip but her return was imminent. When she arrived, I put my luggage in my otherwise loaded car and, at 12am, began to drive. 14 hours. Straight. 5 Hour Energy drinks are amazing!
I got home, greeted the family I was staying with, took a quick shower (my first in a while if you've been counting these hours), and slept. 3pm-2am. Woke due to sore throat. gargled some cayenne pepper. and woke again at 8.
I would tell you about my fist day of work now, but I need to go start my second!

No comments: