Wednesday, February 23, 2011

First Days in Surprise!

Right now, I'm serving at Parkway Church in Surprise, AZ.
The first day was packed, the second was similar, the third promises to be as well!
On the first day, I walked in on the Childrens Ministry meeting where I got to meet the cool people I'll be working with. Afterwards, I was promptly sent to backstage to take an inventory of the chaos there. There wasn't A LOT of things back there but there was a NUMBER of things back there. Everything from umbrellas to slime machines! My list was four pages long. (During this there was a lunch break, where I was treated to Chili's.) Then I got to make phone calls. I hate making phone calls. Hate. Passionately Hate. But making phone calls I did! for the rest of the day. And it was the first things I did the next day. Then there was a staff meeting/luncheon at the main campus, followed by, you guessed it! Phone calls. The only break from these phone calls was to tally up who would be attending the meetings I was calling about and the number of their children. No matter how many times I did this, the numbers did not, would not match. I ended the day with phone calls and I will be making them tomorrow.
Tomorrow I come in at 9 for a staff meeting. I know I'll be staying late to make phone calls during hours when people are home from work and after that I'll be going to a meeting where I'll meet people who might be interested in supporting me!

No comments: