Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Summary of My Last Week in Vegas

Saturday at Verve, I put sprinkles on 360 cupcakes for the Cupcake Girls who take cupcakes out to the women who work in strip clubs to show God's love to them in a practical way!
Sunday, I worked with preschoolers during both services and watched kids Sunday night for Verve University.
Thursday, I worked on painting the inside of the Verve. And Friday, I helped babysit for Parent's Night Out, a date night with free childcare provided for the parents.
Outside of that, I spent my last week in Vegas meeting people, hanging out, and building relationships.
I did meet with one other church, All People's Church. The pastor there was a very ethusiastic man who kept things from being awkward. He had been living on support before and had a job training people how to raise support, so in addition to everything else, he gave me some good ideas to keep in mind. But that everything else is: at least a special gift (of how much is to be decided), perhaps a monthly gift, and perhaps an invitation to go out to Vegas again, serving there instad of Verve. I get to contact him again on Friday and see what decisions have been made!

No comments: