Thursday, June 10, 2010

PFO-PMI

Tomorrow is the last day of Pioneer Missions Institute and thus the final day of pre-field training. This training began on May 31st. The first week was Pre-field Orentation, a time to have lectures on what we would need to know in order to have a successful ministry on our trips and do some team building. The second week was PMI. PMI is a two part training and you take one each year. The first is a Discovery course, in which PBT gives a tantalizing taster of who it is, the second is Orientation, which is a "Ok, now what?" course of seminars to help guide budding missionaries to have a lucrative ministry. All of the interns are dispersed between the courses. Except for me. I have done both which makes me staff (a.k.a. kind of a big deal). I thought this meant that I would have a relaxed week. This is not so. While I did get to sleep in an hour and a half. I run sound for chapel, go to lunch, go to childcare before classes start again, go to afternoon chapel early to run sound there again, go to dinner, engage in the after dinner activities, return to my room and crash. Only to gain an hour and a half sleep over my roommate who is no silent ninja in the morning. The other interns, who have been coped up and quiet in a room all day, can't imagine why I'm so tired all the time!

No comments: