Saturday, May 3, 2008

Pioneer Bible Translator

Just a few days ago, I turned in my application to become a part of Pioneer Bible Translators (PBT). By doing this, I have committed to help them spread the gospel. Also, I’ll be eligible for the Townsend Scholarship which will pay 50% of my tuition at GIAL.
At Roanoke, I’m an Applied Linguistics Major. In Fall ‘09, I’ll be going to the Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics (GIAL) to continue my studies. My concentration in this degree with be Bible Translation.
I’ll spend two years in Texas, and then I will have received my Masters degree. After this PBT, will send me into the field, most likely Papua New Guinea, to translate the bible.
I’m overjoyed about the career path that I’ve chosen and the adventures that I’ll undoubtedly have as I live life outside of the American safe-haven.

No comments: