Thursday, May 2, 2013

Jehovah Jireh proves His Name again and again

Yesterday in class I got an email saying that I was awarded two scholarships. One covering 40% of my tuition and the other covering $1000. After I got out of class, we discovered Jacob received the same scholarship. So my bill of $4630 is now $1910! And Jacob's cost of $2970 is $782! Saving us just shy of $5000!
Needless to say, this comes as such a relief. I just love the ways God provides for His servants. My bragging about the awesomeness of God has prompted others to share similar stories. Stories of people who hadn't even registered for classes because they didn't know how they would pay for them until God stepped in and provided. Stories of people who were stressing about paying for school and got a phone call from someone who wanted to cover their expenses.
Jehovah Jireh is truly faithful.
My heart is peaceful now. And I'm excited about the people who God will provide to support us in our mission after school. I know that I'll probably get stressed out about that too, despite God's command telling us not to worry. But when God does present his servants who excel in the spiritual gift of giving, I know that I will be beyond thankful.
Please pray with us that God will reveal these people and please pray to see if you are one that God has chosen. He can use your gift big or small to change the lives of the people of Papua New Guinea. Don't forget the woman who gave two pennies, the gift that Jesus truly smiled on and was was good. Don't fear for your finances as God is Jehovah Jireh. The Lord will Provide. The Lord promises blessings to those who give to Him. Often He waits until the last minute to prove how big He truly is. But a promise from the Lord is good. He says that in this, you should test him.
Pray. Pray. Pray. The Lord answers prayers.

Do you have stories about how the Lord provides? Please share and encourage one another. Encourage the stressed, like me, who know in their minds that God will provide but worry still surfaces.

No comments: