Thursday, September 6, 2012

On our way

I'm sitting at the gate in DFW International airport, staring at my HUGE plane. I mean HUGE!!! It's an hour til boarding and my energy level is sinking. (which is fantastic, because low energy is just where you want to be on an 18 hr flight!!) 
This morning I woke up and finished packing. I was ready to go at 12 but it wasn't time to get in the car until 6 so I had a great deal of time to twiddle my thumbs. ...or so I thought. 
About half way through this lull in my day, I got a phone call saying the gift I was counting on to take us over our budget and into the clear was not coming. Which means my husband and I are getting on to a plane TONIGHT $1382 short of our goal. 

STRESS!!!!!!!!!!

So we got on the phones, Jacob called people, I called churches. And we raised $750 in an hour or so. It was awesome! and humbling! 
We're still about $650 short and really need to raise that money before the end of our trip. But God got us this far. I'm excited to see who He pulls in to help us get the rest of the way. 

We managed to get to the airport hitting minimal traffic and got through security swiftly. 

Now, I'm staring at this ginormous plane that they're trying to convince me is capable of flight, and fighting thoughts of the 18 hour flight with memories of my trip from two years ago. I anticipate this trip to be even more awesome. 

Goodbye America, I'll keep in touch and see you again soon enough. 

No comments: