Monday, August 16, 2010

Ode to Mine

Oh bed!
Thank you for being Mine!
For being soft at first
letting me seep into your cushions with a sigh
quite unlike the bed of Madang
but not letting this be a curse
but having a firmness upon which I can rely
keeping my back from tremendous pain
sinking too far into a too soft pallet
the pains of Nobnob are long forgotten

Oh pillow!
Thank you for being mine!
for being thick enough that I know you're there
supporting me and my humid-frizzy hair
The couch pillows never reassured me so
and for being not so overstuffed that you keep me up
a 45 degree angle from my body made sleeping tough
the Madang never let my head lay low

Oh room!
Thank you for being mine!
devoid of roaches and mold
the duplex had no such claim to fame
for being lacking in rats and bats
whereas the clinic overflowed with this small game

Oh shower!
...
thank you for giving me something to look forward to
so that the thought of Madang wouldn't make me blue
but your pressure is depressing
and the water tank I'm missing
And Madang has you beat.

No comments: