Friday, May 25, 2012

My Wedding Day

So I guess I should write about my wedding. But what to write?

That day seemed to be the fastest of my life.
We were at the reception to set up at 8 am.
At 12 we left the almost finished site for lunch and showers.
My tiara had turned yellow for some reason so we stopped by walmart on our way to the church to get ready.
Everything else took longer than expected.
But my hair looked fabulous. Thank you Kimmi!
My photographer was amazing to work with. Amy Bonner.
My only moment of cold feet was when I saw Jacob at the first look and this all became very very real. The feeling was quickly overcome.

The ceremony was done at Colonial Heights by our PBT coach, Archie. And the ceremony was lovely.
During the exchange of the rings, during my turn, Archie said, "Elizabeth, repeat after me. 'Jacob.'"
But I was still trying to get that ring on Jacob's finger. He has large knuckles. After a moment of silence, I realized I had missed something.
"Oh! 'Jacob.' ...can you put the ring on yourself....?"
After Jacob FINALLY managed to get the ring on, I resumed.
"Ok. 'Jacob.'"

The reception was outside at the lovely McKendree United Methodist Church. With string lights over the dance floor, a wispy canopy net over my wedding cake, (made by my mother, Patricia Vahey, who I had to rush to the ER the day before since, as she was trying to level out a layer of the cake, cut her thumb to be deserving of 4 stitches), picnic blankets for seating, do-it-yourself dessert bars featuring s'mores, cheesecake sundaes, and cupcake fondue, pictures of childhood photos hanging from a tree and dancing in the wind, a mason jar chandelier hanging over our guestbook tree. The reception was beautiful.

Our first dance was to Frank Sinatra's Come fly with Me. And we executed the second twirl and the dip perfectly. Thanks to Maan Di, our wonderful dance instructor.

It was a perfect day and I can't wait to see the pictures!!

1 comment:

shelly said...

Yay! Congrats, your wedding sounds like it was great! Nice writing too:) Can't wait to see pics!