Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Stressed out!

This blog is not a misnomer.
I am stressed!

There are a number of things that I need to remain a healthy happy human being that other people would not rather stab their eye out than be around.
That is:
8 hours of sleep a night (min)
A nap at some point (for best results mid-day)
A shower and a cup of coffee first thing in the morning
Elizabeth time
a relatively clean working space
a sense of productivity

The things I have in my life right now:
Coffee.
At some point in the day, a shower.
Sometimes, Elizabeth time.

And when we add my lack of important thing I need to the other things in my life, namely:
I have $3000 of $10,000 I need by Jan. (One month from now)
My wedding in May
My apartment that I will need to live in with my new husband, which I don't have.
The project I'm supposed to be working on for Papua New Guinea that I haven't had the time to touch in months due to the raising of supporters and the wedding planning.

So my schedule is: Feb-Apr go to PNG, Apr- drive to VA for Bridal shower, drive to tx to get and set up apartment, May 1st- drive to VA to finish wedding stuff, May 19th - get married, May 22nd drive to apartment in TX,June 9th - Dallas wedding reception. Busy, huh?

So I've been trying to do those things that help me relieve stress: being artsy.
Presently I'm knitting earwarmers and there's a piece of furniture that I found for free on the back porch of the House of Awesome that I'm in the process of refurbishing. And i'm trying very hard to finish one of these before I start on another project. Artsy is addicting.
And when I'm working on these things: I feel AWESOME!
And when I stop working on these things: I feel poopy!
Because these things have done nothing to cure the things that are stressing me out! They've just taken me to my happy place for a while. (Fun Fact: Elizabeth's happy place is I-264 in Hampton Roads)

But coming news, coming changes, might bring my to-do list to a manageable level and wipe my stress away!
Thank God, the Opener of Unnoticed Doors!
Stay tuned!

(Also, pray for me)


This is my bedroom (aka: the couch in the living room)

No comments: